Why Is Retail Display Design Important?
In the retail arena, success is a multi-faceted activity that, above all, necessitates gaining your customers’ attention. Traditional advertising can be excellent for bringing customers into stores, but that is only half of the game. Once customers arrive in the store, your brand must stand out from the crowd in order to pique their interest and persuade them to buy. This is where retail displays come into play.
Retail displays are often used near or combined with promoted products and are highly effective when utilized where customers make their purchasing decisions. They serve two primary purposes: They both engage customers in the present moment by catching their attention, and they also create a recollection, or perception, in the customers’ mind of the overall experience of purchasing your goods. This will be recalled when considering a repeat purchase in the future. Retail displays are clearly a useful tool in boosting sales, but it takes more than just great positioning—your displays need to be well designed.
Display Design Options Explained
When it comes to retail displays, the design process might be complicated. There are a plethora of producers on the market who produce displays in a variety of forms, for a variety of purposes, and from a variety of materials. If you’re unsure where to start when it comes to considering your options, don’t sweat it. Sunbelt Displays is here to guide you through the importance of the design process! Generally speaking, the types of retail displays are:
- Permanent displays – These displays are meant to be used for a long time and are made of heavy-duty materials that will last. Permanent displays are frequently restocked with new products and become a constant presence within the business.
- Semi-permanent displays – These are built for periods of extended use, often somewhere within six months to a year. These are perfect for highlighting certain promotions or groups of seasonal items with the intention of being replaced or swapped out when the next season or promotion begins.
- Temporary displays – These are intended for short-term use, and as such are constructed from lighter materials. These displays highlight short-run promotions, sales, or brand-new products that often need specialized promotion to build demand.
What to Expect From Well-Designed Displays
Retail displays are among the best tools in your advertising arsenal to convert potential customers into buyers. These are some of the benefits of well-designed retail displays:
- Product separation – Retail displays can help isolate your product from the clutter of others, which spares your brand from falling into the trap of product overload.
- Display versatility – A well-made retail display works in tandem with your product to grab consumer attention. There’s plenty of room for creativity (think custom displays designed specifically for upcoming holidays or events).
- Memorability – To save time and mental effort, shoppers focus on looking specifically for the end display, graphics, signs, standees, or danglers that they remember from their last purchase. Eye-popping displays help you “win” this space in your customer’s decision-making process, resulting in more sales.
- Affordability – Many customers enter stores in a state of readiness to make some sort of purchase. Retail displays have one of the highest returns of all promotional strategies because they capitalize on this readiness and engage with customers in the moment.
Custom Retail Displays From the Industry Experts
Now that it’s clear just how important retail display design is, you need to team up with a business partner who won’t compromise on the quality or performance of your new displays. Sunbelt Displays has been designing and manufacturing premium retail displays for over 20 years and can’t wait to assist you in driving more sales to your business. Contact us today to learn more about our services.