What Are the Pros & Cons of Temporary POP Displays?
If you’re a business owner in the retail space, you’re sure to be familiar with the concept of POP (point of purchase) displays. These displays can help to attract your customers’ attention and create awareness for your brand or any products you may sell. Investing in POP displays is a smart way to spruce up the presentation of your store, too. But what if you’re looking to draw attention to a promotion or seasonal offering? Can a POP display work for that?
Temporary POP displays are designed for short marketing campaigns. If you’re running a flash sale on lipstick or a quick seasonal promotion for the summertime, these displays are exactly what you need. However, temporary POP displays aren’t perfect for every type of promotion, which is why the experts at Sunbelt Displays—a leading display fabricator with 20 years in business—have compiled this list of the pros and cons of this kind of display.
The Pros of Temporary POP Displays
What makes temporary POP displays a wise investment for your short-term marketing needs? Consider that they:
- Are generally more affordable than other types of retail displays due to their short lifespan
- Can be used to test out new product lines or promotions since they can be easily removed if they’re not working
- Can be fully customized to the season and product, allowing you to really get creative with the design of the display
The Cons of Temporary POP Displays
Of course, we mentioned that temporary POP displays aren’t fitting for every type of promotion. But why not? Because these displays:
- Tend to be less durable than other types of retail displays since they are often made with cardboard or other economical materials
- May be at the mercy of the retailer for where the display is placed, unlike a permanent POP display that can maintain its retail territory from month to month
- May not have as many options for customizing the shape or special features of the display due to the material chosen. Cardboard, for example, offers fewer customization elements than PETG.
The Final Verdict on Temporary POP Displays
Whether or not a temporary POP display is right for your business comes down to your needs for it. If you’re looking for a cost-effective way to handle your display needs or you truly need something for a short-term, seasonal, or trial offering, this is the perfect solution. But on the flip side, if you need something more durable, long lasting, and fully customizable, you may be better off investing in a standard display that you can use for an extended time. And if you’re not sure whether your needs line up with the purpose of a temporary POP display, our team at Sunbelt Displays would be happy to guide you through the decision-making process.
Temporary POP Displays From a Leading Company
If you turn to us and we help you decide that you do want to go the temporary POP display route, we have you covered. We are proud of our unique design process that includes personalized service, as we want to provide you with the display that best suits your needs and design tastes. From conception to completion, we’ll work with you to ensure that your vision is being executed flawlessly. Not to mention, if you have any other commercial display needs beyond POP displays, we can help with those as well.
To learn more about the pros and cons of temporary POP displays or to begin designing some for your business, contact Sunbelt Displays today.